Providing Insights that Contribute to Better Health Policy
Insurance Coverage & Costs Access to Care Quality & Care Delivery Health Care Markets Issue Briefs Data Bulletins Research Briefs Policy Analyses Community Reports Journal Articles Other Publications Surveys Site Visits Design and Methods Data Files
1. 1990 Census of Population.
2. Area Resource File as of February 1996, Office of Research and Planning, Bureau of Health Professions. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
3. 1990 Census of Population.
4. 1990 Census of Population; 1995 County and City Extra; The Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce, The Lansing Region 1995 Metropolitan Profile.
5. Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce, Capital Choice.
6. Annual Planning Information Report: Lansing Tri-County SDA.
7. American Hospital Association, database of the 1995 Annual Survey of Hospitals. Figures do not include long-term care units in hospitals.
8. National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (March 1997) for 1994.
9. Estimates are based on the 1996 American Medical Association Master File and 1996 American Osteopathic Association Master File. Includes physicians in direct patient care, excluding some specialties (radiology, anesthesiology, pathology), residents and fellows.
10. Respondent provided information.
11. Health Management Associates, June 1996.
13. InterStudy Competitive Edge Regional Market Analysis 6.2, February 1997.
14. Health Management Associates, June 1996.
15. Health Care Financing Administration, 1996.
16. Health Management Associates, June 1996.
18. Data from respondent.
19. Ingham County Health Department, Community Health Assessment, September 1996; Ingham County Health Department, A Preliminary Statement of the Uninsured in Ingham County, Michigan, September 10, 1996.